Monday, April 12, 2010



Achoo! (ohm..)

Achoo! Allergy season beckons and I am allergic to EVERYTHING! I have a sinus headache the size of Africa and Africa is a pretty big continent. Friday evening my throat felt like I swallowed hell, so I drank Gatorade the entire night between bouts of torturous congestion. I sleep with my present lover, facial tissue everynight, then fall asleep from medicating myself as much as my liver will permit.

I can recall going to an allergist years ago. He attentively plucked a few holes in my arms then dropped various allergens on each area and waiting. I was like, "Is this the only way we can do this?" Man, that whole situation sounds suspect to me. In any case, I was prescribed Claritin and Nasonex for the rest of my days on earth, and then Zyrtec showed up booting Claritin.

Laying down in the dark, I began to recite the different parts of my brain. This act is instrumental in creating solace in the midst of the imaginary foot on my face causing pain. "Is my brain working?" I wondered. My daughter called from her room.

"Mom, are you okay?"

I respond.

"Yes, I am okay."

"So, what are you doing?"

"I am reciting sanity."

She goes silent, walks in my room and rubs my back.

"Are you going to take the lead today?" I asked her.

"The what?" she quizzes.

"Are you going to cook today?"

"I guess."

I lay there a bit thinking, then I blowed my nose for the umpteen time and said to myself, "You gotta shake this off."

I am up. Headache has subsided because I have decided to take the lead and umm...I took two Excedrin Sinus Headache; my second lover.

"Hey, a lady gotta have options."

Ohm..

0 comments: